Tuesday, October 17, 2006

New Way of Eating....

It has been almost a month since I began my journey towards losing the many pounds I have accumulated over the past 12 years! I never had a problem with my weight until I started having kids. After the first two, my body chemistry really seemed to change. Though the gain has been slow over all the years, it has really added up now!

I am happy to say that I have lost 6 1/2 pounds over the past three weeks. Although I took a break for a couple of days because of husband's birthday, I am back on my new eating and exercise plan!

I realized after this weekend how much of a difference it makes to my sleep patterns, among other things, when I eat "bad" versus when I eat more healthy. I had two nights of horrible sleep both days that I didn't watch what I ate. I slept much better last night after eating better yesterday. Hopefully tonight will be even better!

I have a long way to go, but I know that if I keep at it so that the weight slowly but surely continues to drop, I will reach my ultimate goal! I long for the day that I no longer looked "puffed up".

I grew up very active and all through middle and high school never thought of myself as "skinny". It wasn't until I got married and had my first child (and especially now), that I looked back at my pictures and realized how thin I really was--so different from the picture I had in my head of myself all those years!

The Lord has really shown me that in order to succeed, I can't just depend on my own will and self control. I know that I need His help every minute to keep focused on the benefits of "denying myself" now so that I will be around to serve Him and my family for many years!

In the past weeks as I have started this adventure, He has put in my path several books and devotions that were just what I needed to help me get going and stay focused. Just like anything in life, it is much easier to give up and be "comfortable" than to push forward, leaning on the Lord to get you to your goal. Knowing that what I am working towards is in accordance to God's will also gives me more focus than I have had in the past.

The Lord is faithful and I know that I can do all things through Him who gives me strength!

The more I focus on my relationship with Him, the easier all the "stuff" around me becomes--whether it is getting school done each day, doing daily chores, or sticking to the eating plan I want to follow.

The Lord is mighty and greatly to be praised!

1 comment:

Gwendolyn said...

Wendy, sounds like you are on the right track. Thanks for giving me some inspiration to keep trying.