Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Help with Healthy Eating/Lifestyle

I wanted to share about a book I received. I had put it aside a couple of months ago, but came across it again a few weeks ago as I started my new eating/exercise plan.

It is a book by Joyce Meyers, called Look Great Feel Great -- 12 Keys to Enjoying a Healthy Life Now.

It is focused on helping you to understand who you are in Christ, helping you to gain a God-given self image, and giving you little steps to move towards having a healthy attitude as well as a healthy body.

I would highly recommend this book for anyone who has struggled at times with not liking themselves, their body or the way they look (whether you at overweight or underweight).

The keys discussed include:

Let God Do the Heavy Lifting
Learning to Love Your Body
Mastering Metabolism
Exercise
Balanced Eating
Water Your Life
Mindful Eating
Curb Your Spiritual Hunger
De-Stress
Right Vision
Make It Easy
Take Responsibility

*Practice What You Preach: Modeling Self-Respect for the Next Generation

I am about half way through the book and it has been helpful so far. I will share more of what I am learning as I go through it.

This was just one of the things God put in my path as I was starting out on this new adventure. I will be sharing some of the other words of wisdom and encouragement the Lord has put before me the past few weeks later today.

God truly is our Father and knows exactly what we need when we need it.

No comments: