Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Never Enough Time!

I have been feeling slightly overwhelmed lately with all the "to-do's" I have on my list that I never seem to quite finish! I seem to go through phases where I am "on top" of that list and other times where I just can't seem to keep up! If only time would stop for about 2 weeks for me to get caught up....so I think to myself!

I am really working this week to get my outside job responsibilities caught up while I am also beginning to work on detail planning for the kid's school lessons for the rest of the summer and into the fall. I want to try to have things more laid out (in addition to our unit work which I always plan out) so they can become more responsible for completing their oen work each week. Especially for my two older kids, they need to realize that school isn't over until the work for the day is done! Even if that means working into the evening and missing out on "free time". I know that if we are consistent with this tactic, they will reap the benefits of being a more disciplined student and they will be able to make progress much more quickly.

To help me with this very detailed planning, I am using The Full-Year Notebook System by Julie Anderson. I have my own way of planning in general and for our KONOS Units (which is posted on www.konoskarats.com under Resources) but I am going to try out this method also to see if the more detailed layout will help us all to stay on track better despite all our activities and responsibilities that will start back up in the Fall. It is going to require some time before we start to really lay everything out, but after the work will come the reward of plans to follow and no excuses to take unnecessary breaks during the year!

You can read more about her system at: www.full-year-notebooks.com

Although I like the flexibility of being able to do what we want, when we want, as the kids are getting older we need more structure to make sure they cover the basics they need before graduating along with all the extracurricular/enrichment activities we are involved in.

I will try to give an update on my progress as I work through this system!

The Lord is faithful and I know He blesses the time we spend getting our life in order...it only allows us more time with Him!!

"The Lord is my strength and my song, and is become my salvation." Psalm 118:14 KJV

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 KJV

No comments: