Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Healthy Eating/ Weight Loss Tips

I am continuing my journey towards losing my extra "fluff" after a bit of a break the past few months. I will be posting "my story" that I recently shared with some fellow homeschool moms in the near future.

Tonight, I just wanted to post the tips a fellow homeschooling mom shared with me. They will help you lose weight and get your metabolism going even before you start to watch what you eat or exercise! Some of these I knew about (and have seen them work) and some I didn't.

Here they are:

1. Eat within 30 minutes of waking up (I also drink a glass of water with a little lemon juice in it first thing in the morning.)

2. Eat small meals throughout the day when you are hungry (many people who struggle with excess weight have lost their ability to tell when they are actually hungry, this is one of the first things to work on!)

3. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily. Divide your current weight in half, and drink that many ounces of water a day. You can work up to this amount over several days if needed. It will help to cleanse your body, keep you correctly hydrated (we often mistake thirst for hunger) and help you be more alert!

4. Go to bed by 10:30pm and get up at the same time each morning regardless of when you go to bed! Once again, work up to this better schedule! It will keep you from wanting to eat late night snacks and my friend explained that certain stress hormones are also secreted when you stay up late, making your body stressed the whole next day!

5. Sleep in complete darkness. Your body will actually get more rest that way and it will function correctly!

If you try some of these, let me know how it works for you! I have been working on all of them to some degree or another this week and my weight has dropped by 2 pounds! We will see if it continues. I will be working on eating healthier as I go along also. Right now, I am writing down everything I eat to get an accurate picture of how what I am eating, doing and trying out the above tips, is affecting my weight!

I will share more as I can of my progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool tips, Wendy! I'll work on that "going to bed/get up on time" thing... yeah.. um... next week...

LOL!!

No ... seriously... when we get back from vacation I'll jump on the band wagon again and drop the last 15lbs. I actually fit into a size SIX at Express today!!! It wasn't cute. But theoretically I did get those jeans buttoned WITHOUT laying down and sucking in...