Sunday, September 10, 2006

In Memory

Where were you? Do you remember where you were and what you were doing that morning on September 11, 2001? Did you wake up knowing something would happen to change our lives forever?

Someone shared on another blog a link to this video. It is a clip of a longer video, but very good and very hopeful. Check it out for yourself at:

http://www.worshiphousemedia.com/index.cfm?hndl=details&tab=MM&id=5536


I do remember that day. I woke up with no idea what was going on. I was still lying in bed when I received a call from my sister-in-law telling me to watch the news. I then spent most of the rest of the day in my bed watching the news. I didn't want to put it on in the living room where the kids could see it all, so I left it on in my room.

I know I feed the kids and took care of what they needed at the time, but besides the basics, I was glued to the TV, praying for those people, thinking of those in the Pentagon that I or my dad may know, in horror of all that had taken place in such a short time and no one could stop it!

I do remember that day and those that followed. So many of us, even though we were so removed from the actual area, walked around in shock of what was going on. Fear gripped many as new security alerts were issued, flights were stopped and slowly started again.

I was supposed to fly to another state less than 2 weeks after that day for a MOPS Convention, I canceled my plans. The airlines refunded everything because they understood why no one would want to fly! The events of that day changed our lives forever. Some changes occurred right away, some we wouldn't see for years. Some we are continuing to see now as more threats appear in different areas.

We can't be as naive as we once were but we also must remember that we have a God who loves His children and who has a plan. May we allow Him to teach us more about Him and how we can be used by Him in all our circumstances--the good and the bad.

I pray you remember! We will be praying tomorrow for the many left behind after the tragedy of 9-11-01.

Take some time to read through Psalm 91:1 (and the rest of the chapter)--who are you putting your trust in?

No comments: